Content StrategistMarketing/Media/Communications, Other Careers Job ID 2023-13694 Primary Location: Sydney, Australia 09/06/2023
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a degree qualified and experienced Content Strategist to join our growing Marketing team in our APAC Division. This is a full-time, permanent role that could be based in Sydney, Melbourne, or Singapore. Reporting to the VP Strategic Communications (who is based in the US), this role will play an important role of supporting public and media relations efforts in the APAC region in partnership with local PR agencies.
The successful candidate will use their extensive content marketing expertise to create an audience-centric content plan that advances business and marketing objectives. The role will provide comprehensive, strategic oversight of content, managing across campaigns, channels, formats, and content creators to advance business and marketing objectives to meet FM Global's client and partner needs.
Building strong cross-functional relationships is critical to the success of this role. The content strategist works across functions to define content strategy goals and approach, identify, and conceptualise on compelling storylines and align these elements to campaign reports, messaging documents, and activation strategy to build a comprehensive and measurable content plan.
As a leader with a point of view, the role will provide expertise, mentorship, and institutional knowledge to ensure new and existing content is optimised to effectively convey the company's differentiators and value propositions and connect audience insights with industry-leading solutions.
- Ensures content standard methodologies are applied to coordinated marketing program planning so the full buyer's journey and reputation, demand, risk improvement, dedication, and enablement programs have been included and rationalised against activation plans.
- Collaborate closely with subject matter experts, apply brand standards, and act as editorial director for content strategies under their purview.
- Conduct ongoing analyses of gaps and opportunities for content development, collaborating to support new campaigns, channels, formats, and audiences by prioritising and producing new content as well as optimising existing content.
- Work with colleagues and partners to produce content, both by writing and by leading all aspects of the work of writers, producers, and agency partners.
- Coach and onboard new writers to accelerate understanding of our brands and business and ensure content is on-brand and optimised for search and user experience for all channels of content, including online, social media, email, mobile, video, etc., and follows FM Global brand guidelines for voice, style, story, and messaging.
- Represent the content marketing team on cross-functional, cross-department teams and governance committees passionate about aligning content strategies across FM Global, collaborating to craft, implement, and handle a companywide content calendar that ensures the right message is delivered at the right time to the right audiences.
- Develop and coordinate implementation of standards, systems, and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content activation, retrieval, and re-purposing, including the management of an inclusive marketing team content calendar.
- Serve as a guide resource and trusted partner to teams across a sophisticated global organisation.
- Provide consultative support to Staff, Sales, and Operations colleagues as needed on the opportunities for content to engage audiences and advance business objectives.
- Be an advocate for the needs of the audience, based on available data.
- Supervise the maintenance of content inventories and matrices. Synthesise business goals, marketing, and campaign plans to build content strategy.
- Evangelise and educate relevant teams on the value of content marketing and on the needs of targeted audiences to develop audience-centric content marketing strategies that improve audience engagement and support corporate objectives.
- Build and manage cross-functional relationships needed to link people, process, and technologies that contribute to strategic content planning, execution, and measurement.
- Work across functions and levels from individual contributors to key executives to ensure comprehensive inputs to strategic content planning.
- 15+ years relatable business experience.
- Extensive writing experience in a B2B environment, working within a marketing team.
- Strong eye for business and institutional knowledge.
- Public Relations experience preferred.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits, including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, rich health and well-being programs, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center