Account Engineering Administrative Assistant
At FM Global, we work with many of the world’s largest organizations to help protect their commercial and industrial property against threats. Our field engineers specialize in a wide range of disciplines, including electrical, mechanical, chemical, civil and industrial engineering, as well as fire protection.
What makes a successful Consultant Engineer at FM Global?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Technical Knowledge
- Communicates Effectively
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
I PLAY A PART IN BUILDING A BRIGHT FUTURE THAT CAN WEATHER ANY STORM.
Many times, the safety of entire communities is influenced by our work. On one project in Florida, I worked with a client to make sure a critical 911 communications facility would be operable during and after a Category 5 hurricane. Advising them on things like how to protect vital generator systems and helping them make costeffective design decisions, I had a hand in building something truly substantial. In the end, our client was happy to have a partner that understood and worked with them to meet their unique needs.Gabriel — Engineering Specialist — Employee Since 2007
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Engineering Processing Department has an immediate opening for an Account Engineering Assistant (AEA) in our Vancouver Branch. This position will be responsible for assisting Account Engineers (AEs) in increasing their time with our clients. This is done by absorbing administrative tasks and developing positive relationships with AEs, Group Managers of Account Engineering, Operations Engineering Manager and Engineering Processing Manager, clients, and brokers.
- Responsibilities include entering and reconciling information in various FM Global systems that is used by others to make underwriting and engineering decisions. As well as, requesting location engineering inspections and assisting with the tracking of risk improvement recommendations. Also, issuing risk reports and outstanding service to clients and brokers in coordination with the AEs and other team members.
- Ensures the timely delivery of engineering services and products to our clients at new and existing locations. This includes indexing locations, ensuring there is a local contact to schedule visits, and that the report is transmitted using the correct document distribution.
- Support AE risk improvement efforts by tracking risk improvement recommendations for completion, inputting recommendation follow-up responses from clients and field engineering into MyRisk and Risk Console.
- Supports the strategic vision of the AE, by compiling reports and information which includes providing data for the development of client presentations, generating and uses company canned reports to provide information to AEs, gathering and distributing data needed by the AEs for internal meetings and account reviews.
- Ensure internal and external clients receive a timely response to inquiries by responding to customer questions and/or directs to appropriate personnel within established time frames, logs client inquiries for data and forwards to appropriate AE or AEA for response, providing backup coverage and supporting AEAs on special assignments as requested.
- Establishes working partnerships with external and internal clients.
- Regularly determine responsibilities to meet timelines. This will be done through gaining an understanding of specific needs and requirements of the client, client service team members, time sensitivity and dedication.
- Uses Excel tools and formulas to format, and process client and FM Global information accurately and efficiently.
General Administrative Duties:
- Collects incoming mail and distributes accordingly. Handles all incoming/outgoing couriers for the office.
- Answers main telephone line and gives information to callers or routes calls to appropriate person, places outgoing calls.
- Greets visitors, ascertains nature of business, and escorts visitors to appropriate person.
- Manages all office supplies and works with suppliers to resolve any issues. This includes placing weekly orders for coffee/tea.
- Responsible for ensuring all equipment is in working order and troubleshoots with vendors to resolve issues.
- Ensures all invoices are sent for approval and paid within the terms.
- Interact with building contractors and personnel to resolve any issues with the suite.
- Managing boardroom bookings and ensuring spaces are tidy and white boards are clean before and after every meeting.
- Is part of the Social Committee and Health and Safety Committee.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred!
- 2+ years’ experience supporting a work group and/or manager, preferably in an insurance or related work environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Fluent in spoken and written English. Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Above average technical skills. Including but not limited to, Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Strong problem-solving capability.
- Customer oriented and able to work well in teams, as well as the ability to adapt and understand cultural differences.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.