Business Development ExecutiveSales, Other Careers Job ID 2022-12688 Primary Location: Vaughan, Canada 12/29/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Achieve the allocated new business objectives, selling directly to prospective clients and in conjunction with brokers. Lead all client service team activity on prospects – coordinating activities, establishing deadlines, confirming results, and resolving disagreements.
The work model for this position is hybrid, with the expectation that most of the work is performed on-site in the Toronto area. 30-40% travel in Canada and the United States is required.
- Achieve new business objectives as established by the Division Sales Manager/Assistant Division Sales Manager to include new business premium and the percent direct quota the stated quote/success ratio the number of face-to-face prospect calls per month
- Call Plans, Strategy Development and Client Service Plans Establish call plans and complete call reports in the CRM/CSS
- Review all strategic calls with the DSM
- Initiate Sales and Client Service Strategy documents in CRM/CSS for all prospects under development and keep up to date
- Lead the client service team to develop a draft Client Service Plan in conjunction with the client for Best Few prospects
- The Client Service Plan should include agreed risk improvement action items with associated time frames
- File all proposals, meeting presentations and other pertinent documents in CRM/CSS
- Develop and deliver a high-quality new business proposal for each prospect quoted. Each proposal should:
- Affirm the value
- Confirm the details
- Include a focus on People/Process/Plan
- Articulate the value of a risk improvement plan and the agreed risk improvement action items
- All proposals should be filed in CRM/CSS
- Keep prospect information in CRM/CSS current, accurate and updated as new information is developed during the sales process
- Identify and qualify the stated number of new prospects established by the DSM
- Move enough prospects through the sales process to adequately fill the In Funnel and Best Few categories
- Develop an Annual Sales Business Plan each year that details the prospects targeted to deliver the upcoming year’s objective and outlines activities, such as cold calls, mailing campaigns and face to face meetings, to qualify prospects and move Above Funnel, In Funnel and Best Few prospects down through the sales funnel to secure the relationship
- Assist the Division Sales Manager/Assistant Division Sales Manager in developing the Sales Forecast as part of the annual Finance Budget Process
- Maintain an active involvement in the local insurance community (RIMS, CPCU, CII, SFPE, AMRAE etc.) by participating in meetings, conferences and appearing at industry related functions
- Bachelor’s degree; CPCU, ACII experience or advanced degree in business, marketing, or engineering. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
Required Work Experience:
- 5+ years of related work experience in the insurance industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of property forms, HPR engineering, competitors, and brokers
- Demonstrate potential sales ability, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Proficiency with computers and associated software such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Capable of using the internet and company intranet for reference and research
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with FM Global in the U.S. and a condition of FM Global office entry in Canada. Further, all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing onsite for open positions, are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and show proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center