Chief Facilities Engineering Manager
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Hobbs Brook Management LLC, has been a pioneer in the development of premier office space in the Boston suburbs since 1952. We believe the most valuable thing we develop isn’t a building. It’s a relationship. As both an owner and operator, Hobbs Brook Management is committed to providing its tenants, their employees and customers with a reliable and fully functional business environment. For more information about Hobbs Brook Management, please visit www.hobbsbrook.com. Hobbs Brook Management is the real estate division of FM Global.
This position leads, executes, delivers and oversees the operation, maintenance and repairs as well as select capital improvements for a portfolio of multi-tenanted office and laboratory commercial investment assets. Manages, leads, elevates, directs and oversees building operations, systems, performance and infrastructure to better than Class A market standards. Oversees, motivates and develops engineering team(s) ensuring that FM Global standards and requirements are met. Engages outside contractors and oversees performance to ensure the highest quality standards are met. Partners with property management and project management teams in the execution of daily operations as well as oversight and onboarding of capital improvement projects. Ensures conformity with city, state and federal regulatory agencies such as the EPA., OSHA., wetlands, etc. Actively participates in the budget preparation process including repairs & maintenance and capital expenditures.
- College degree preferred, highly technical background essential, extensive related experience required ideally in a commercial investment real estate capacity.
- 10-15 years plus technical experience managing Class A commercial office buildings including with electrical, HVAC plumbing, and life safety systems with three-five years in a supervisory capacity.
- Excellent technical aptitude, analytical skills and a thorough understanding of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, life safety, BAS and other building systems and operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to adeptly problem solve, present solutions and influence a range of internal and external stakeholders including engineering team members, tenants, property and project management teams, and corporate and senior management.
- Strong leadership, management and delegation skills
- The ability, determination and ownership to execute work through to completion.
- Ability to readily multi-task, skillfully resolve conflicts and adjust priorities as requirements/needs evolve with effective results.
- Understand and strategically manage to "big picture" and other business goals, objectives and budget/operational constraints.
- Interest and comfort in leading a learning oriented group and guiding and supporting change initiatives.
- Strong project management and consulting skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Yardi and Kardin budgeting software.