Administrative Assistant IIAdministrative - Administrative Assistant, Other Careers Job ID 2022-11787 Walnut Creek, California 03/31/2022
More information about this job:
The Administrative Assistant will support engineering management, including Operations Engineering Manager, Operations Chief Engineer, Manager Office Engineering Training, and Engineering Processing Manger. It will also work closely with the Field Engineering Managers on a frequent basis.
In this role, the assistant will provide administrative support using considerable judgement and initiative when managing meetings, coordinating travel, interviews, and office/team events. In addition, he/she may provide limited technical support such as providing reporting and data tracking.
- Support engineering managers with meeting or event planning and prep, scheduling, preparing presentations, note taking and action item tracking
- Manages OEM travel planning and expense reporting
- Work closely with Manager, Office Engineering Training and Talent Acquisition team to ensure the proper career fair materials are shipped to the colleges including any giveaways in advance of our event
- Support the Manager, Office Engineering Training with coordinating candidate scheduling, managing candidate travel, and ensuring all materials and assessments have been received and distributed to the interviewer team
- Create, maintain, and distribute engineering reports including Org Charts and contact lists monthly
- Maintain the supply inventory storeroom and order additional supplies and safety equipment when needed
- Work closely with other engineering staff to achieve overall results as needed. This may include assisting with report processing and assisting other field engineering management
- Checks or maintains managers’ calendars daily; arranges, schedules and confirms meetings, luncheons, external meetings, types meeting agendas and prepares minutes.
- Additionally, general office duties such as scheduled receptionist relief and other projects assigned when needed
- High School diploma or equivalent, some college preferred
- 3+ years of administrative/secretarial experience supporting a work group or manager, or 3+ years FM Global experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Able to run and analyze raw data monthly
- Proficient in presentation and design skills preferred
- High level of customer service and ability to work independently
- Requires good organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to solve problems related to duties of the job
- Must have good oral and written communication skills to provide routine information, answer inquiries via email and/or refer calls
- Dependable, professional demeanor verbally and in writing and positive interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret and follow a variety of guides, manuals, procedural documents, and SOPs
- Ability to balance and handle multiple tasks and re-evaluate your workload daily to prioritize when necessary
- Ability to lead, track and take ownership of processes to keep various tasks running smoothly
- Good interpersonal skills in the face of constant change, and the ability to establish new and/or maintain existing systems are essential
- Experience with Photoshop and Publisher software a plus
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center