Business Risk ConsultantOther Professional, Other Careers Job ID 2021-10756 Walnut Creek, California, 01/14/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The core objective of the Business Risk Specialist (BRS) is to enhance FM Global's relationships with clients, improving client senior and executive management’s awareness of the resilience of key business drivers through a quantitative analysis, ultimately increasing client retention and gaining new business. To achieve this, the BRS offers a range of risk consulting services to assist both FM Global clients and FM Global client service teams.
Provide business risk consulting services to current and potential FM Global clients; this includes regularly meeting and presenting to senior client management in order to develop a sound understanding of the client’s business model, critical processes and profit drivers – with a view to analyzing and mitigating the risks faced by these aspects of client operations. Responsibilities include:
- Provide general risk advisory, business impact analyses, ERM, business continuity management support, financial risk support services, insured values quantification and training to FM Global clients.
- Conduct financial modelling and analysis to quantify the financial impact of disruption-related risks to client operations.
- Elevate the client's awareness of their critical business risks and exposures and providing business-focused resilience strategies.
- Solve our client’s property-related risk management issues. Create opportunities for client services teams to access our client's senior and executive management and reinforce our position as a strategic partner to our clients.
- Provide internally focused insurable value reporting and exposure projects, and other financial support services to FM Global client service teams. Including, regular interaction with account managers, account engineers and FM Global operations and division management.
- Delivery of training courses around such topics to further demonstrate the portfolio of value-adding services that FM Global can deliver. Such as, insurable values reporting, supply chain exposure analysis, business impact analysis, and business continuity and resilience planning.
This role can be based in Walnut Creek, CA or Woodland Hills, CA.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting and/or Finance from a recognized university (CPA and/or MBA preferred).
- Four years of experience in a consulting environment (risk consulting or other such professional services advisory preferred). Consulting experience to external clients preferred, but internal consulting candidates considered.
- Strong ability to understand our clients’ business models and produce strategic, quantitative analysis. Financial modelling experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (strong presentation, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills crucial).
- Excellent interpersonal and consultancy skills, as well as a positive and innovative outlook.
- Willingness to travel as part of this role (approximately 30-40%).
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center