AccountantAccounting/Finance - Accounting, Other Careers Job ID 2021-11137 Waltham, Massachusetts 09/29/2021
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Runoff Operations Accountant position is located in Waltham, MA. This position understands the processes and procedures within the Runoff operations accounts payables, receivables, general ledger, financial reporting, and cash management. This position is primarily responsible for processing the Runoff Operations Accounts Receivable function, comprised of settling direct ceded and assumed retroceded recoverable balances associated with paid losses and LAE. This should be done timely and accurately in the necessary financial systems. The Accountant will prepare account reconciliations, accounts receivable reporting and is responsible for other various general accounting tasks including but not limited to processing journal entries.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Accounting/Finance preferred (other business degree in combination with strong work experience may be considered)
- 3 - 5 years finance and or accounting experience; strong understanding of accounts receivable function, payables and general ledger
- Insurance and reinsurance experience preferred (specifically in discontinued lines business)
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and practices
- Proficiency with financial systems and standard software applications (PeopleSoft, OnBase, Microsoft Office)
- Sapiens Reinsurance Pro system experience a plus
- Detail oriented with effective communication skills are required both written and verbal
- Excellent problem-solving skills
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center