Associate Investment Operations SpecialistInvestments Job ID 2023-13890 Primary Location: Waltham, Massachusetts 11/02/2023 Hiring Range: USD $85,800.00/Yr. - USD $123,300.00/Yr.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Associate Investment Ops Specialist will play a key role supporting and refining robust operational processes and controls in support of FM Global’s Investment organization. Working collaboratively with colleagues, service providers, and technology partners, the successful candidate will leverage their strong Investment Operations experience and analytical abilities to help support the continued growth and evolution of the team’s investment capabilities. Through proactive communication, strong detail orientation, and positive “can-do” attitude the successful candidate will help support the team’s ongoing deliverables and meaningfully contribute to initiatives.
Schedule & Location:
This position is full-time Monday through Friday and is office-based in Waltham, MA. Start and stop times are flexible and based on business needs. Less than 20% domestic travel is required, annually.
- Support daily portfolio trading activities pertaining to both internal and externally managed strategies, ensuring streamlined trade communication, confirmation, and processing.
- Interface directly with FM Global’s external custodian and internal teams to ensure timely cash movements and reconciliations as well as internal communication within FM.
- Support and maintain key technology platforms used by the team including Bloomberg and Factset, ensuring data integrity and configuration maintenance.
- Contribute to the onboarding and ongoing support of external manager relationships, partnering with senior members of the team.
- Interface directly with external managers and brokers to ensure efficient transaction workflows and timely resolution of exceptions.
- Support the ongoing drafting and maintenance of procedures and controls documentation.
- Contribute to various projects and initiatives, helping to further refine and develop the Team’s operating model and control infrastructure.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Highly Preferred Education:
Undergraduate degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting preferred.
Required Work Experience:
3-5 years prior Investment Operations experience obtained via time within asset management, asset servicing or similar investment operations roles.
- Highly collaborative Team-player with a positive attitude and willingness to dive in to solve complex processes blending quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Strong understanding and experience with investment accounting and trade operations across various asset types and asset classes.
- Prior experience supporting multi-asset portfolios including alternatives.
- Highly adept at learning new technologies (prior Bloomberg and Factset a plus).
- Exceptional excel skills, comfort working with large datasets and BI tools.
- Ability to work independently, managing multiple deliverables while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Highly organized, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills.
The hiring range for this position is $85,800-$123,300 annually. The final salary offer will vary based on individual education, skills, and experience. The position is eligible to participate in FM Global’s comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes an incentive plan, generous health and well-being programs, a 401(k) and pension plan, career development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, flexible work, time off allowances and much more.
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center