Senior Manager, Pension InvestmentsInvestments Job ID 2022-11979 Primary Location: Waltham, Massachusetts 09/23/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
This mid-level position will be focused on investment matters for FM Global’s pension plans. The scope will include US Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution and International plans. This role will also involve identifying and monitoring external investment managers across asset classes for the US defined benefit plan. The scope of this job can be across asset classes or specialized to specific asset classes, and role will align expertise the candidate brings in and the requirements for the role. The focus could be a specialized asset class – fixed income or equities, or multi-asset across pension plans. The individual will work with senior members of the team, external experts and advisors and the CIO. They will be managing ~$5B in global pension assets including the US defined benefit pension plan. The candidate will be involved in investment analysis related to multi-asset strategies and / or asset classes including equities, fixed income, and private and liquid alternative investments. This role will also assist in areas of strategic asset allocation and investment philosophy and is also expected to work on investments-related special projects. The individual will also be responsible for monitoring the DC plan investment options. Additionally, assist the CIO in maintaining and further enhancing the platform to meet the ongoing needs of FM Global’s plan participants. The candidate will closely work with a senior Investments lead and will also work with the CIO for various parts of the job.
Conduct detailed quantitative and qualitative research on external investment managers and strategies.
Conduct comprehensive portfolio and risk analytics.
Attend and lead research meetings, involving formal written recommendations and presentations on managers and strategies across all asset classes.
Help formulate recommendations and analysis to support the investment diligence process actions related to investment strategies and CIO decisions across asset classes.
Research on global macroeconomic environment and generate insight on economic trends and markets development.
Perform and coordinate portfolio construction and risk analytics, monitor investments performance, and engage in risk management activities as needed. This is for multi-asset investments portfolio and/or selective asset class/es, as part of overall total portfolio construction framework.
Assist the CIO and senior investment staff in working with pension consultants. This will be to coordinate and review asset allocation studies, and implement recommendations into broader investment strategy.
Assist in managing the day-to-day administration of the DC plan in partnership with the internal team, consultants, as well as external managers and vendors.
Be a core part of the internal subject matter expert group on retirement plans, supporting other business areas, finance and benefits.
Work closely with the CIO, senior investments-leads, and other senior investments personnel on ad-hoc research projects.
- 7 plus years of investments experience is required, preferably in pension investments, multi-asset - equities, fixed income, alternatives, and/or asset allocation. Specialized asset classes experience in equities, fixed income, and/or liquid and private alternatives is also relevant and helpful.
- Experience in external investment managers research, selection and monitoring is highly preferred!
- Broad financial markets knowledge and specialized subject matter expertise and/or across asset classes, including derivatives.
- Prior institutional pension plans experience in DB and DC retirement plans, as well as broad knowledge of benefits regulations and fiduciary responsibilities. Including: ERISA DoL, IRS and other related experience strongly preferred.
- Focus on detail with demonstrated proficiency in analytics and tools including MS Excel. Strong communication, presentation including MS PowerPoint expertise. Organization, prioritization, and collaboration skills.
- Fast learner with a strong teamwork-based approach and a passion for investments.
- Validated proficiency in Bloomberg, FactSet, and similar investments and risk analytics systems.
- MBA, CFA, CAIA or another advanced degree related to investments, economics finance, and/or quantitative analysis is preferred.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center