Facilities EngineerFacilities - Grounds/Maintenance, Real Estates, Engineering - Other, Other Careers, Hobbs Brook Job ID 2022-11862 Primary Location: Waltham, Massachusetts 09/23/2022
More information about this job:
Hobbs Brook Real Estate LLC is an innovative commercial real estate leader with a portfolio of forward-thinking, sustainable properties in the United States and Singapore. Shaping the market since 1952, the company acquires, develops, manages, and serves as a valued partner to a variety of stakeholders. Hobbs Brook Real Estate (HBRE) brings unique property visions to life with a commitment to improving both the environment and the community. For additional information, please visit www.hobbsbrook.com. HBRE is the real estate division of FM Global.
This position supports the facilities team in the execution of daily operations for a portfolio of Class A multi and single tenanted office and laboratory commercial investment assets. Provides a Class A+ level of service to tenants, internal and external stakeholders.
Under supervision of the Facilities Engineering Manager and direction/guidance of the Lead Engineer, assists with the general maintenance of assigned properties as well as other assets as required. Performs various duties such as preventative maintenance and building repairs, completes tenant work orders, acts as a vendor escort in base building and tenant space. Assists Lead Engineers with various hands on repair and maintenance work. Assists with routine HVAC filter changes. Maintains tools and equipment inventory.
It is expected that Facilities Engineers have experience and some expertise with at least one building facilities system and be open to learning about other systems as needed. Facilities Engineers will provide some supervision to Maintenance Technicians as required, and work in a team environment to maintain equipment and to ensure overall efficient operations.
On emergency basis, is required to help as needed in the park under the direction of the Facilities Engineering Supervisor.
- HVAC license required- MA Refrigeration Technician, Journeyman Refrigeration, Master Refrigeration Tech/Contractor
- 5+ years of general facilities and maintenance experience, including working with commercial building equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude with general building equipment. Demonstrates practical knowledge of building's mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) and life safety systems. Ability to perform diagnostic troubleshooting on MEP equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use power tools
- Proven ability to work from blueprints, schematics and diagrams.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and Outlook for email and work order system, preparation of reports and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of basic carpentry and plumbing
- OSHA training on safety and compliance helpful but not required
- Solid interpersonal skills; comfortable interacting with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more! Hobbs Brook Real Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global/HBRE visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center