Facilities EngineerFacilities/Ground Maintenance - Grounds/Maintenance, Real Estates, Engineering - Other, Facilities - Grounds/Maintenance, Other Careers, Hobbs Brook Job ID 2022-12153 Primary Location: Waltham, Massachusetts 09/23/2022
More information about this job:
Hobbs Brook Real Estate LLC is an innovative commercial real estate leader with a portfolio of forward-thinking, sustainable properties in the United States and Singapore. Shaping the market since 1952, the company acquires, develops, manages, and serves as a valued partner to a variety of stakeholders. Hobbs Brook Real Estate (HBRE) brings unique property visions to life with a commitment to improving both the environment and the community. For additional information, please visit www.hobbsbrook.com. HBRE is the real estate division of FM Global.
Shift options: 7:30 AM - 4 PM or 9 AM - 5:30 PM
This position supports the facilities team in the execution of daily operations for a portfolio of Class A multi and single tenanted office and laboratory commercial investment assets! With the direction/guidance of the Lead Engineer, assists with the general maintenance of assigned properties as well as other assets as required. It is expected that Facilities Engineers have experience and some expertise with at least one building management system and be open to learning about other systems as needed.
Ensure proper function of facilities operations for Class A office, laboratory, and commercial buildings. Perform preventative maintenance, repairs, and complete tenant work order requests. Perform routine maintenance of HVAC systems; carpentry, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing tasks. Ensure proper use of power tools; maintain tools and equipment inventory. May lead teams of Maintenance Technicians as assigned. Respond to emergency maintenance incidents as required.
- 5+ years’ general facilities maintenance experience; commercial buildings/equipment preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) systems and life safety systems and protocols.
- Universal EPA, Massachusetts Refrigeration Technician, Journeyman/Journeywoman Refrigeration, Master Refrigeration Technician / Contractor license, or Wastewater License preferred
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot MEP equipment; ability to use power tools
- Proven ability to work from blueprints, schematics, and diagrams
- OSHA compliance and safety training preferred
- Skilled with computers for utilizing MS Office and electronic work order system.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
The hiring range for this position is $26.68 to $45 per hour. The final salary offer will vary based on individual education, skills, and experience. The position is eligible to participate in FM Global’s comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes an incentive plan, generous health and well-being programs, a 401(k) and pension plan, career development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, flexible work, time off allowances and much more.
HBRE/FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center