You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Hobbs Brook Management LLC, has been a pioneer in the development of premier office space in the Boston suburbs since 1952. We believe the most valuable thing we develop isn’t a building. It’s a relationship. As both an owner and operator, Hobbs Brook Management is committed to providing its tenants, their employees and customers with a reliable and fully functional business environment. For more information about Hobbs Brook Management, please visit www.hobbsbrook.com. Hobbs Brook Management is the real estate division of FM Global.
- Operates and services large rooftop units, cooling towers, pumps, exhaust fans, H/P units and other associated HVAC/R equipment.
- Checks building's automation control systems to confirm HVAC systems are operating properly.
- Responds to tenant work orders and trouble calls.
- Completes assigned preventative maintenance and repairs on HVAC equipment as needed.
- Assists mechanical contractors and other contractors in the installation and repairs of the various buildings' systems.
- Collaborates with other HBM facilities personnel as needed.
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests.
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures.
- Must have the following licenses: MA Refrigeration, EPA Universal and MA driver's license
- At least 5 years of prior experience as a licensed HVAC/R Mechanic
- Familiarity with building automation systems and controls and HVAC/R wiring diagrams
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills as well as good interpersonal skills needed to deal with tenants, subordinates and contractors