Investment Analyst, Fixed Income
As a mutual insurance company, we believe our corporate structure allows us to invest for the long-term with a focus on investment fundamentals rather than short-term market volatility. We achieve this through internal and externally managed strategies across a variety of markets and styles that best allow us to preserve and grow the company's capital.
What makes a successful Investments team member at FM Global?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Detail Oriented
- Driven / Self-Starter
- Excellent Communicator
- Creative Thinker
As CIO, I strongly believe that top talent, subject matter expertise - bottom up and top down, collaboration and seamless execution will define our long-term success towards excellence in investment management.
We have embarked on an exciting journey to further build a top-notch sophisticated investment management framework, focusing on excellence in portfolio management, best practices processes and top talent -- onboarding, developing and retaining. We are based in the greater Boston area, an absolutely vibrant eco-system for investment management. We are adding to our Insurance investments team in the areas of risk and performance analytics, multi-asset investments including equities & fixed income, and insurance investments risk management. We are also adding mid-level talent to the Pension Investments team for the Defined Benefit (open plan) and Defined Contribution plan.SANJAY – CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER – EMPLOYEE SINCE 2018
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
This position will involve assisting the senior investments lead to identify and monitor external investment managers within fixed income as well as help with building out a direct credit strategy. The individual will work with senior members of the team and the CIO for the global general account assets of over $20B and ~$3B US Defined Benefit pension plan. This role will also assist in areas of strategic asset allocation and investment philosophy and is also expected to work on investments-related special projects
- Conduct detailed quantitative and qualitative research on fixed income strategies.
- Conduct comprehensive portfolio and risk analytics.
- Attend and contribute to research meetings, involving formal written recommendations and presentations on managers and strategies.
- Help formulate recommendations and analysis to support asset allocation strategies.
- Research on global macroeconomic environment and generate insight on economic trends and market developments.
- Coordinate analytics for portfolio construction, investments monitoring, and risk management for the fixed income portfolio.
- Attend and document quarterly due diligence calls and semi-annual meetings with various investment managers.
- Assist in the sourcing and due diligence process for new investment managers. Work with the senior investments lead on all aspects of external manager document review and onboarding processes.
- Work closely with senior investments lead and fund managers on ad-hoc research projects.
- 2-5 years of investment experience, preferably in fixed income
- Experience in external investment managers research, selection and monitoring.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Economics preferred
- Broad knowledge in the financial markets and within fixed income
- Strong communication, presentation, and collaboration skills.
- Fast learner with a strong teamwork based approach and a passion for investments.
- Good knowledge in using Bloomberg, FactSet, and similar investments systems.
- CFA, CAIA or progress towards designation(s) preferred!
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.