Investment Operations AssociateInvestments Job ID 2022-12646 Primary Location: Waltham, Massachusetts 12/07/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Improve, contribute and service front, middle and back-office investment operations through management of third-party vendors, internal systems platforms and support portfolio management team through initiatives and projects.
This position is based in Waltham, MA and has opportunity for some remote work.
- Portfolio Holdings and Trading Activity. Using critical thinking and analytical skills to investigate and evaluate cash, equity, fixed income, alternative and derivative transaction, and position information.
- New Initiative Implementation. Lead and contribute to the implementation of scalable and sustainable investment operations initiatives.
- Designing Critical Workflows. Contribute to the design and implementation of new and improved workflows, both within Investment Operations as well as across teams and departments as it relates to advancing the investment process.
- Relationship Management. Develop strong working and productive relationships with internal groups including portfolio managers, investment analysts, investment accounting and the treasury department and external vendors to support our investment process.
- Work closely with the CIO, senior investments-leads, and other senior investments personnel on Board reporting and ad-hoc analytic projects.
- Bachelor’s degree
Highly Preferred Education:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance
Required Work Experience:
- 2 to 3 years’ professional experience in the Investment Management industry
Highly Preferred Work Experience:
- 4 to 6 years’ professional experience in the Investment Management industry
- Familiarity with insurance operations
- Broad knowledge in pension investments, multi-asset, equities, fixed income, alternatives, and/or asset allocation. Specialized asset classes experience in equities, fixed income, and/or liquid and private alternatives is also preferred.
- Strong user with Microsoft Excel, Power BI, and data analysis.
- A self-starter with excellent organizational, time and relationship management skills, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Very detail oriented and inquisitive.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, positive, and confident.
- Able to work on assignments and projects with minimal supervision while proactively providing updates, facilitating reviews of progress, and delivering to deadlines.
- Able to collaborate with colleagues and thrive in a team-oriented work environment.
- Able to follow general procedures and suggest improvements.
- Able to maintain a working knowledge of relevant systems.
- Exhibit a strong interest in continued development of technical skills and investment process knowledge.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center