Investments InternInvestments Job ID 2023-13690 Primary Location: Waltham, Massachusetts 09/09/2023
More information about this job:
FM Global is one of the world's largest commercial and industrial property insurance and risk management organizations, specializing in property protection. More than one out of every three Fortune 1000 companies, as well as leading international corporations, benefit from FM Global's superior financial strength, policy coverage, risk management skills and extensive expertise in loss prevention engineering and research. Ranked 447 on the FORTUNE 500 list of America’s largest companies, FM Global employs more than 5,800 employees, including 1,900 loss prevention engineers in over 60 countries worldwide. FM Global's mission is to do everything they can to understand the client's business needs, reduce their risk, and be there before, during, and after a loss as an ally in resilience.
Through the FM Global Investments internship program, you will gain exposure to multiple asset classes (Equities, Fixed Income, Alternatives). Candidates will work with Investments team members to develop various project deliverables. Internship projects will be allocated among interns appropriately. Interns will work closely with their assigned project mentor.
Internship projects may include some of the following:
- Engage in various investment projects across asset classes and disciplines – Equities, Fixed Income, Alternatives and Operations
- Portfolio management investment and risk analytics – total portfolio and by asset class
- Developing investment management reports by asset class
- Weekly / monthly / quarterly markets and portfolio analytics packet for Equities and Fixed Income
- Working with Investments team members and Bloomberg subject matter experts to build broad markets and asset class-based screens
- Industry research analysis
- Security level analysis
- Other Investments and Operations related projects
- Progress towards advance degree, with a strong academic record
- Strong quantitative and presentation tools expertise / proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with Bloomberg and FactSet a plus
- Strong quantitative skills and mindset
- Keen interest in learning aspects of investment management
The hiring range for this position is $20.00 to $22.00 per hour. The final salary offer will vary based on geographic location, individual education, skills, and experience.
*FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center