Senior Administrative Assistant, InvestmentsInvestments, Other Careers Job ID 2023-13640 Primary Location: Waltham, Massachusetts 08/22/2023
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
We are seeking a highly organized and strategic individual to join us as a Senior Administrative Assistant, Investments, who will focus on supporting all administrative aspects of the Investments department including working alongside other team members, and jointly supporting the EVP/Chief Investment Officer (CIO) office.
The Investments team is responsible for investment management of multiple asset pools, in excess of $25B. This is a high energy role that requires genuine collaboration, tested work experience and a balanced perspective towards prioritization of deliverables. The Senior Administrative Assistant will partner closely and will provide ongoing support and backup to the Executive Administrative Assistant in this capacity.
This position involves interactions and coordination with the senior-most offices of the firm requiring the stewardship and handling of restricted communications. Candidate should be excited about working with a collaborative team in a fast paced, high energy investments related environment!
Schedule & Location:
This is a non-exempt, hourly position primarily based in Waltham and Boston Massachusetts. The schedule requires the employee to work on-site on most days with some flexibility to work remotely. The schedule is Monday through Friday 37.5 hours per week 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
This employee will also remotely support the NYC office as needed based on business needs. Up to 20% travel may be required to our NYC office.
Work on-site 5 days per week for the first month or two for orientation and onboarding is required.
- Calendar management, travel arrangements, meeting preparation, and follow up.
- Arrange and coordinate in-person and remote meetings for CIO with other senior executives, external investment management partners, internal investments staff and other internal stakeholders.
- Liaise with executive, senior offices of the firm, maintaining utmost discretion and responsiveness.
- Assist in maintaining and updating calendars, employing a high degree of professional judgment with respect to prioritization, location, travel time, preparation, materials, and logistics.
- Reserve meeting location(s), confirm and follow up on technology needs, make travel arrangements, catering, reservations, and security notifications as needed.
- Capture and act on expense reports as appropriate when received with required approvals.
- Develop and maintain schedule of external manager meetings; plan to anticipate and confirm any preparation materials that may be needed in advance.
- Coordinate with investment staff to ensure materials are prepared and submitted in a timely manner and are delivered in desired format.
- Take, organize, and file detailed meeting minutes as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Execute with spirit of collegiality, teamwork, and responsiveness to broader staff.
- Manage memberships and subscriptions across the Investments department.
- Conduct ad hoc administrative and research projects including composing and editing written communications as it relates to said projects.
- High School Diploma.
Highly Preferred Education:
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree.
Required Work Experience:
- 5+ years of related work experience is required.
Highly Preferred Work Experience:
- Interacting and coordinating with senior leaders including but not limited to the stewardship and handling of restricted communications.
- Familiarity, interest, and/or work experience in investment concepts and investment management.
- High level of organizational skills, strategic thinking, and attention to detail.
- Excellent professional judgment and discretion.
- Excellent MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to thrive in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excited to partner and provide support to colleagues.
Highly Preferred Skills:
- Business writing and editing skills are a strong plus.
The hiring range for this position is $53,800-$77,300. The final salary offer will vary based on individual education, skills, and experience. The position is eligible to participate in FM Global’s comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes an incentive plan, generous health and well-being programs, a 401(k) and pension plan, career development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, flexible work, time off allowances and much more.
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center