Senior Director, Investment OperationsInvestments Job ID 2023-13584 Primary Location: Waltham, Massachusetts 10/25/2023 Hiring Range: USD $148,000.00/Yr. - USD $212,600.00/Yr.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Senior Director of Investment Operations will play a key role leading core functional areas of FM Global’s Investment Operations Team. As a hands-on leader, the successful candidate will help to define and execute upon the operational strategy of FM Global’s Investment organization. Working collaboratively with colleagues, service providers, and technology partners, the successful candidate will leverage their deep Investment Operations experience and analytical abilities to proactively support the continued growth and evolution of the team’s investment capabilities. Through proactive communication, strong detail orientation, and positive “can-do” attitude the successful candidate will serve as a trusted partner and leader in further developing the Investment Operations Team within FM Global.
- Lead external manager onboarding encompassing the coordination of due diligence efforts, systems set-up and configuration, custody integration and ongoing support of external mandates within the portfolio.
- Oversee external manager transaction life-cycle events for new/follow-on subscriptions, redemptions, money movement, and transaction completion/settlement/documentation.
- Oversee daily cash management and forecasting activities encompassing both internally and externally managed portfolios, operational flows, etc. working closely with team members, Treasury, and Investment staff to ensure highly efficient and transparent delivery.
- Play a lead role in managing our external custodian relationship(s) ensuring strong oversight and seamless service delivery.
- Manage small team within Investment Operations, providing ongoing coaching and development support to the team, while at the same time serving as a player/coach.
- Work closely with the VP of Investment Operations and Investment Leadership to help support the selection and implementation of our future state investment platform, leading key workstreams and ensuring seamless integration into our operating model.
- Support/lead various compliance/governance related monitoring and reporting deliverables supporting the broader reporting obligations of the team.
- Ensure a robust control environment via continuous evolution and enhancements to existing processes, updates and maintenance of procedures and controls documentation, and ongoing cross-training and people development.
- Undergraduate degree required: MBA preferred.
- 12+ years in investment operations with prior leadership experience in investment operations, for a large investments portfolio is essential and working within a complex multi-entity and multi-account structure is preferred.
- Strong subject matter expertise, analytical skills, collaboration, communication and alignment with Investments and CIO strategic objectives are essential for success of the candidate.
- Deep investment operations experience across multiple asset classes and investment vehicle types encompassing both direct securities as well as pooled vehicles such as mutual funds, CITs, Hedge Funds, Private Equity, etc.
- Strong trade and custody operations experience including market opening, cash management, FX processing, trade communication, reconciliation, etc.
- Hands on knowledge and experience with key systems (Bloomberg, Factset) and/or OMS/IBOR platforms highly desired
- Work well in an environment with tight deadlines.
- Understanding the scope of GAAP and statutory accounting and ERISA guidelines.
- Strong mindset and aptitude for compliance and internal controls
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center