Senior Manager, Corporate Pension Investments
As a mutual insurance company, we believe our corporate structure allows us to invest for the long-term with a focus on investment fundamentals rather than short-term market volatility. We achieve this through internal and externally managed strategies across a variety of markets and styles that best allow us to preserve and grow the company's capital.
What makes a successful Investments team member at FM Global?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Detail Oriented
- Driven / Self-Starter
- Excellent Communicator
- Creative Thinker
As CIO, I strongly believe that top talent, subject matter expertise - bottom up and top down, collaboration and seamless execution will define our long-term success towards excellence in investment management.
We have embarked on an exciting journey to further build a top-notch sophisticated investment management framework, focusing on excellence in portfolio management, best practices processes and top talent -- onboarding, developing and retaining. We are based in the greater Boston area, an absolutely vibrant eco-system for investment management. We are adding to our Insurance investments team in the areas of risk and performance analytics, multi-asset investments including equities & fixed income, and insurance investments risk management. We are also adding mid-level talent to the Pension Investments team for the Defined Benefit (open plan) and Defined Contribution plan.SANJAY – CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER – EMPLOYEE SINCE 2018
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
This mid-level position willbe focused on investment matters for FM Global’s pension plans. The scope will include US Defined Benefit, DefinedContributionand International plans. This role will alsoinvolve identifying andmonitoringexternal investment managers across asset classesfor theUSdefined benefit plan. The scope of this jobcan be across asset classes or specialized tospecificasset classes, androlewillalignexpertise the candidate brings inand the requirements for the role. The focus could be a specialized asset class– fixed income or equities, or multi-assetacross pension plans. The individual will work with senior members of the team, external experts and advisorsand the CIO,managing~$5Bin global pension assets includingtheUSdefinedbenefitpension plan. The candidate will be involved in investment analysis related to multi-asset strategies and / or asset classes including equities, fixed income, and private and liquid alternative investments. This role will also assist in areas of strategic asset allocation and investment philosophy and is also expected to work on investments-related special projects.The individual will alsobe responsiblefor monitoringthe DCplan investment options and assist the CIO in maintaining and further enhancing theplatformto meet theongoingneeds of FM Global’splan participants. The candidate will closely work with a senior Investments lead and will also work with the CIO for various parts of the job.
- Conduct detailed quantitative and qualitative research on external investment managers and strategies.
- Conduct comprehensive portfolio and risk analytics.
- Attend and lead research meetings, involving formal written recommendations and presentations on managers and strategies across all asset classes.
- Help formulaterecommendations and analysisto supportthe investment diligence process actions related to investmentstrategies andCIOdecisions across asset classes.
- Research on global macroeconomic environment and generate insight on economic trends and marketsdevelopment.
- Perform and coordinateportfolio construction and riskanalytics,monitorinvestmentsperformance, andengage inrisk managementactivities as neededfor multi-assetinvestmentsportfolioand/or selective asset class/es, as part ofoveralltotal portfolio construction framework.
- Assist the CIO and senior investment staffin working with pensionconsultantson coordinatingand reviewing asset allocation studies, andimplementingrecommendations into broader investmentstrategy.
- Assist in managingthe day-to-day administration of the DC plan in partnershipwith the internal team, consultants,as well as external managers andvendors.
- Be a core part of theinternal subject matter expertgroupon retirement plans,supporting other business areas,finance andbenefits
- Work closely with the CIO,senior investments-leads, andotherseniorinvestments personnelon ad-hoc researchprojects.
- 7 plus years of investments experience is required, preferably in pension investments, multi-asset - equities, fixed income, alternatives, and/or asset allocation. Specialized asset classes experience in equities, fixed income, and/or liquid and private alternatives is also relevant and helpful.
- Experience in external investment managers research, selection and monitoring is highly preferred.
- Broad financial markets knowledge and specialized subject matter expertise and/or across asset classes, including derivatives.
- Prior institutional pension plans experience in DB and DC retirement plans, as well as broad knowledge of benefits regulations and fiduciary responsibilities, including ERISA DoL, IRS and other related experience strongly preferred.
- Focus on detail with demonstrated proficiency in analytics and tools including MS Excel; strong communication, presentation including MS PowerPoint expertise; and organization, prioritization, and collaboration skills.
- Fast learner with a strong teamwork-based mindset and a passion for investments.
- Proven proficiency in Bloomberg, FactSet, and similar investments and risk analytics systems.
- MBA, CFA, CAIA or another advanced degree related to investments, economics finance, and/or quantitative analysis is preferred.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k),Defined Benefitpensionplan, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs,comparabletime off allowances, volunteer days and a lot more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.