Sr. Human Resources Generalist-Commercial Real Estate
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Hobbs Brook Management LLC, the real estate division of FM Global, has been a pioneer in the development of premier office space in the Boston suburbs since 1952. We believe the most valuable thing we develop isn’t a building; it’s a relationship. As both an owner and operator, Hobbs Brook Management is committed to providing its tenants, their employees and customers with a reliable and fully functional business environment. For more information about Hobbs Brook Management, please visit www.hobbsbrook.com.
FM Global is currently seeking a Human Resources Business Consultant (HRBC) to primarily support its Hobbs Brook Management (HBM) real estate division, along with other FM Global client groups located in Waltham, MA.
The HRBC is a permanent member of the HR team. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a growing department, supporting strategic business initiatives and core HR programs and partnering with line organizations to provide comprehensive, value-add HR services.
In this role, you are a key resource reporting to a Senior Human Resource Business Partner (Sr. HRBP), serving as a front-line contact for employees and managers and providing support in identifying solutions to day-to-day business challenges and opportunities to elevate business performance. You also will partner and collaborate with your HR colleagues to attract and enable talent to meet business goals and objectives.
- Assist Sr. HRBP team in creating the strategic talent plan for their respective business areas to achieve business success in a manner that increases employee engagement. Support line managers in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with the function or business strategy.
- Enable the effective resolution of employee relations matters, including conducting investigations and ensuring compliance with relevant employment laws and company policies and practices.
- Work with HR data and metrics (turnover, underperformers, exit interviews, employee surveys, etc.) to help Sr. HRBP identify trends requiring attention and remediation. Identify new opportunities for HR to add value to the business in this space.
- Support various projects led by HR, including helping implement appropriate employee training and manage its delivery.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and 3 – 5 years of relevant HR experience. Experience as an HR business partner or generalist within a commercial real estate environment is strongly preferred.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to flex style and content to suit a variety of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – active listening, coaching and advising, and establishing trust.
- Strong problem-solving, conflict resolution, and decision-making skills. Experience handling a wide variety of employee relations and other sensitive, confidential matters.
- Solid business acumen and a strong customer service focus.
- Able to navigate high-pressure situations while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Adept at working both independently and with a team.
- Able to effectively manage time, multi-task and prioritize to achieve impactful results.
- Proficient in computer skills with working knowledge of HR systems and related software applications (e.g. MS Office, Workday).
- Interest in, and ability for, frequent local travel. This position will be based in Waltham, MA and will require frequent travel (approx. 30%) to other HBM locations in Wakefield, MA, the FM Global corporate office in Johnston, RI and the Norwood, MA office campus.