Senior Research Technician - Technical Support/Control RoomResearch/Approvals - Research Engineer, Research Job ID 2023-13059 Primary Location: West Glocester, Rhode Island 05/23/2023
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
This position will report to the Research Control Room Supervisor/Manager and work alongside engineers, supervisors, and technicians to support daily campus testing operations. The working environment is primarily an office setting, with periodic tasks that reside in laboratory/industrial spaces. Core working hours are 7:00 am – 3:30 pm, some days may require the candidate to work overtime (before 7am or after 3:30pm) to meet business needs. This position requires the candidate to be on-site full time. Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- In a Control Room/Computer Room setting – Operate Data Acquisition and Industrial Control Systems as part of a small team. Tasks are required to be carried out in an accurate, consistent, and timely manner.
- On a daily basis – Collaborate with various campus stakeholder groups to determine support required and take action accordingly.
- Assure ongoing integrity of campus data acquisition, industrial control and related systems through regular testing and system maintenance.
- Analytical ability to process large amounts of data from numerous sources producing accurate documentation in the form of graphs and technical documentation.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation as it relates to Control Room Operations, testing, technical system requirements and/or specific lab conditions.
- Developing a solid understanding of FM Global’s overall technical environment utilizing hardware and software presently in place to meet business requirements.
- Support and assist others in IT/IS related tasks; such as general peripheral support and troubleshooting.
Based on background and expereince, candidates may be considered for the following roles:
Senior Research Technician, Senior Research Technician II, Research Assistant, Senior Research Assistant or Associate Engineer.
- An AS/BS degree is preferred in Information Technology, Computer Science, Analytics, Engineering, Mathematics/Statistics, or related field. Relevant work experience and technical certifications considered as an alternate.
- The ideal candidate shall possess 3-10+ years of professional experience.
- Experience with Data Acquisition systems and/or Industrial Control Systems
- Demonstrated skills with the Microsoft Office Suite of products - Strong emphasis in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to organize and prioritize concurrent projects. Effectively manages change and can quickly adapt to competing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and collaboratively.
- The ability to follow detailed verbal and/or written processes to consistently produce, maintain, and archive critical data in a timely manner.
- Strong technical skills installing, configuring and maintaining systems in an enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated experience with application integration and installation of third party products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate successfully with other business groups.
Additional desirable experience related to the position:
Experience in a laboratory environment, focusing on instrumentation and data gathering
Industrial Control Systems – Rockwell, Struxureware
Audio / Visual Technologies
Video Conference Systems
Digital Radio Communications
Object Oriented Programming
Statistical data analysis
MPulse SMMS Software
OriginLab – Data Graphing and Analysis
Compensation Grade and Job Title will be determined based on qualifications, experience, and technical skillset.
The hiring range for this position dependent on final grade and title is $53,800 to $109,500 USD. The final salary offer will vary based on individual education, skills, and experience. The position is eligible to participate in FM Global’s comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes an incentive plan, generous health and well-being programs, a 401(k) and pension plan, career development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, flexible work, time off allowances and much more.
Please note that full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with FM Global in the U.S. and a condition of FM Global office entry in Canada. Further, all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing onsite for open positions, are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and show proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center