Cyber Security Consultant
Woodland Hills, California
At FM Global, we work with many of the world’s largest organizations to help protect their commercial and industrial property against threats. Our field engineers specialize in a wide range of disciplines, including electrical, mechanical, chemical, civil and industrial engineering, as well as fire protection.
What makes a successful Engineer at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Focus
- Decisiveness & Judgment
- Flexibility & Achieving Change
- Gets Results
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
Sr. Consultant engineer
employee since 2007
I play a part in building a bright future that can weather any storm.
Many times, the safety of entire communities is influenced by our work. On one project in Florida, I worked with a client to make sure a critical 911 communications facility would be operable during and after a Category 5 hurricane. Advising them on things like how to protect vital generator systems and helping them make costeffective design decisions, I had a hand in building something truly substantial. In the end, our client was happy to have a partner that understood and worked with them to meet their unique needs.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Depending on your role, we offer a company vehicle to suit your traveling needs.
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
This role will be responsible to:
- Build and entrench credibility with clients on matters of cyber security.
- Work directly with clients in interpreting risk assessment results and existing compensating controls.
- Present results of the risk assessment to a broad range of clients and validate or assist in developing plans to address specific cyber risks.
- Provide expertise to internal teams as well as external clients on risk management and mitigation.
- Collaborate with the cyber team in the development, implementation and ongoing improvement of cyber assessment tools, services, and business processes.
- Assist with internal training of client facing persons in communicating and understanding fundamental cyber security practices, risks, and recommended mitigation tactics.
- Act as an internal and external spokesperson for cyber in support of our efforts and initiatives.
- Responsible for staying abreast of industry standards and trends.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working in information technology with at least 5 years specifically working in the information/cyber security field. Industrial control systems familiarity/experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience with one or more of the following: security risk assessments, development of security standards, cyber security risk consulting, and incident management.
- Strong knowledge of operating systems and networks.
- Strong knowledge of and ability to identify IT and Cyber security vulnerabilities, threats, and mitigation strategies.
- Strong knowledge of widely recognized cybersecurity risk frameworks (NIST, ISO, CIS, etc.) and how to apply them within enterprise organizations.
- Experience working with enterprise-level information security programs, including governance, risk assessment, policy/standards, technical controls, oversight and assurance, risk treatment, and security education/awareness.
- Ability to leverage various trusted sources of information (articles, webinars, internet, etc.) to gain accurate and updated knowledge on cybersecurity and recommend appropriate solutions for FM Global.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills. Exemplary consultative skills a must.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Strong collaboration and decision-making skills.
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility for assigned duties and consistently apply to the role and all initiatives
- Basic understanding of Insurance services and products
- Bachelor’s degree in information security or a related discipline
- CISSP designation is preferred; other relevant industry certifications may be considered. (GICSP, GISP, CISM, or CCSP a plus)