Senior Program ConsultantTechnology - Other Job ID 2024-14170 Primary Location: Johnston, Rhode Island 01/30/2024 Hiring Range: $130,700 - $187,800
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
This role will be located at our headquarters facility located in Johnston, Rhode Island. The successful candidate must be able to commute to our offices on a daily basis. A comprehensive relocation benefit package is available for the right candidate.
Looking for a Senior Program Consultant who can lead large-scale programs with precision and expertise. They serve as a trusted advisor for senior executives looking to tackle high-priority, complex business problems that are of high strategic value and subject to change and risk. They guide the conceptualization, delivery, and implementation of multifaceted, multi-year initiatives, both non-technology and technology based.
As a solution design driver, our Senior Program Consultant conducts relevant analysis and deep dives to identify problems and set the framework for comprehensive people, process, and technology solutions. They work closely with stakeholders to align and detail out the solutions, ensuring a smooth and efficient initiative execution.
Throughout the initiative execution process, the Senior Program Consultant coordinates with stakeholders to plan key milestones, monitor and report progress, with an emphasis on business objectives and value delivery. They also ensure efficient resource deployment, dependency management, and risk and issue management to mitigate program volatility with respect to scope and quality changes. Our principal consultant ensures effective integration of change management needs to drive appropriate levels of engagement and adoption, resulting in successful program outcomes.
- Develops and sustains "trusted advisor" relationships with executives, senior leaders, and all levels of the organization, including project sponsors.
- Establishes a strong program/project structure and plan with clear ownership and accountabilities that expedites decision-making, aligns the organization on outcomes, progress, timelines, deliverables, and impediments, and enables effective communication and transparency.
- Leads conversations to define, clarify, and control project scope, objectives, and resolve conflicts.
- Actively drives the problem-solving process and designs solutions to address critical business challenges. Provides consultation to implement effective solutions across people, process, and technology.
- Drives effective delivery leveraging hybrid delivery approaches that integrate change management and resource requirements.
- Supports prioritization of solutions based on alignment to business goals and plans.
- Lead, support, coach, inspire, and motivate project teams, defining deliverables, prioritizing focus areas, and ensuring measurable results.
- Estimate, monitor, and control program costs. Proactively work with teams, portfolio managers, and leadership to address financial risks/issues.
- Continually measure the success of change adoption efforts and program execution to ensure predictable outcomes that support business strategy.
- Strong leadership and project management skills, including the ability to navigate complex organizations, build high-performing teams, deliver using hybrid execution methodologies and drive successful outcomes.
- Skilled at ensuring the adoption of large-scale changes such as value measurement and change management, with a focus on driving successful outcomes.
- Ability to anticipate, identify, and implement practical solutions to complex problems, while maintaining a strong attention to detail and a strategic focus.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze complex problems and develop creative and structured solutions.
- Expertise in digital capabilities and the ability to connect them to people and processes, including digital product management and human-centered design.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate and adapt communication to all levels of the organization, from executives to front-line employees (includes oral and written presentation skills).
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and build credibility/rapport quickly
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to drive outcome focused and value driven interactions.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand and draw connections between interdependent initiatives.
- Proficient in standard documentation tools such as Excel and PowerPoint, and able to quickly learn and adapt to new tools.
Bachelor’s degree: MS or MBA a strong plus
Must have 5 to 10 years of experience with a top tier business consulting firm
10+ years of experience in strategic program management or consulting roles
History working in roles requiring high levels of engagement and consultation with executive teams and senior leaders.
Successful track record of leading cross-functional large-scale product or service delivery programs over multi-year timeframes that required large scale change management and leveraged containing hybrid delivery approaches (both iterative and sequential execution)
A proven ability to align execution with KPI or value-based measurement approach for achieving outcomes.
Broad and deep business knowledge and experience (preferably in insurance / P&C).
Demonstrated Proficiency in handling large and complex data sets and expertise in understanding and connecting digital capabilities to people and process.
The salary range for this position is $130,700 to $187,800. The final salary offer will vary based on geographic location, individual education, skills, and experience. The position is eligible to participate in FM Global’s comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes an incentive plan, generous health and well-being programs, a 401(k) and pension plan, career development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, flexible work, time off allowances and much more.
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center